I always wondered how people created memes and if it was easy or not. I never really took the time to research it. Well it turns out it is a piece of cake to create a meme. My inspiration for this tutorial is to help others to create memes and practice creating memes for our class theme.
In this tutorial I am going to talk about an app for the mac called iMeme which allows you to create memes quickly!
Once you download the iMeme application and open it, a screen will appear that looks like the image above.
On the left they have built-in memes you can select from.
Near the bottom they have a header and a footer to input the text you want on the image.
Also there are a plus and a minus button to shrink or enlarge the text next to the header and footer text boxes.
Some other features they have include:
- Over 100 built-in templates.
- Enter your own header and footer text.
- Adjustable text size and alignment.
- Use your own images.
- Save as PNG or copy to the clipboard.
- Print directly from the app.
- Automatically upload to imgur.
- Automatically post to reddit.
- Works on OS X 10.5 and up.
- Works on Windows XP and up.
I encourage everyone to install this simple to use meme builder. Here is the link to download it.